Learn to use WordPress as a content management system including the steps needed to turn your blog into a full website. Learn to create pages in WordPress and how to arrange them in a custom menu, make a latest news section, create product categories and more. Prerequisites: Suitable for beginners with basic internet skills (using browsers, web-based email, creating documents online). Prerequisites: WordPress 1 or equivalent experience required.
Note: additional cost of approx. $30 required to register your own website domain and hosting, unless you already have them. Detailed instructions at http://camosunweb.com/get-a-host/ – must do BEFORE first class.
- Installing WordPress on our site
- Settings involved in creating a website 1
- Tags and categories
- Settings involved in creating a website 2
- Screen options
- Inviting users to the site and setting up roles.
- Custom Menus
- Menu based on pages
- Menu based on categories
- Looking at themes
- Install the cake theme
- Putting it all together
- Theme development by WordPress Codex
- WordPress lessons for beginners and experts
- WordPress themes from WordPress themselves
- WordPress TV: How-To